Monday, January 25, 2010

More Progress!

Today is a new day.. we have our individual 15 page packets done.. YEAH. We have half our medical information done, we have our birth certificates and marriage licenses on their way, and employment info finished. So, basically we're waiting for our background checks to come back and then we can start the home study.. YEAH! So exciting. Everyone has received their reference paperwork in the mail, and sounds like they are on their way back to Holt as we speak.

I don't think I've mentioned who we listed as our references, Jeff Lathrop, Mary Priss, Dan Lacy, and Michelle Levesque. They will truely make a difference to our journey, and I'm glad that they can be a part of it.

We went to dinner last night with Mom and Stac and celebrated us becoming a family of three or four. There was discussion about what we're excited for most. I think my favorie thing is just the plain old day to day things but, there is so much excitment to think of taking our son or daughter to fun events like the parade (JDP). I can hardly wait. Mom got us the cutest little doggie towel and baby socks. WOW, if that didn't make it feel real.

Back to our time frames and what we're waiting for. It sounds like the Oregon background checks are around 3 weeks behind.. so maybe in a month or so ours will be complete. I was able to do some detective work and find out who we need to call to see if our paperwork was received.. so that was a good feeling. That's the big hang up for now.. and then we move on to our home study. Not sure why we can't move on with our home study.. we're paying for it, so what do they care if our background checks don't come back. Oh well such is life, we must play by the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment