We always love Willy's opening acts. He introduced us to Raining Jane, Natalia Zukerman, and Peter Mulvey to name a few. This show we got acquainted with Meg Hutchinson, she did not disappoint.
I wish I could remember all the songs Willy played.. but during the on core he sang Watercolor. It's a beautiful slow song.. and I just got this huge lump in my throat thinking about how a year ago we sat in this theater not knowing that we would move forward with adoption or when, and come to find out, that's the day our son was being given up by his unselfish birth father. I was in complete awe and the water works started and they just wouldn't quite.
After the show, Chris and I hung back to let the crowd thin out. We wanted to be the last to meet with Willy so we wouldn't feel rushed by other fans. I was still choked up about the odd coincidence about Willy and our son. Maybe it's silly, but I just couldn't help it. Willy remembered us from last year, COOL. It was wonderful to talk with him and tell him about Porter and our journey. We gave him some pictures and our blog info.
So, Willy.. if you're reading this. Thank you a million times for your music. Whenever, you come to town, it's a special treat for Chris and I to hit the town, try a new restaurant, and finish the evening with wonderful music and talking with you.
See you next year, Willy!
No comments:
Post a Comment