Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pee Socks.....Cowboy Halloween

First off, I was so excited to get off work on Halloween and bring Porter back to my work to show my co-workers his outfit I could hardly stand it.  The last hour of work was torture waiting to get out of there.

So, I get to his daycare and pick him up.. he's sleeping like a rock, which probably started the adventure off on the wrong foot.  I head into to the bathroom at his school to get him all dressed up.  He cries the entire 15 minutes it takes me to get him ready.  When I took off his diaper he peed all over and then stepped in it.  NO, I didn't have clean socks.. so wet pee socks went right into his boots.

On the way back to my work, I gave him the best motivational speech I could drum up and let him know how much fun he was going to have...... I don't think he heard a word.

He basically cried and fussed the entire time we were at my work.  Mostly, hiding behind my legs and burying his head into me so no one could see him.  The cookies at work did give him a moment of clarity so some of them could see how cute he was.

This was a great lesson for me as a Mom; things don't always go as expected.. I have no idea why this thought hadn't crossed my mind before.

Once we got home the day took a turn and we had a great time the rest of the evening.





Our hearts were so full on Halloween night.  Several of my neighbors got Porter treats just for him.  It was unexpected that they would go out of their way.  Our neighbors Chuck and Tay said the only reason they bought candy was because they knew that we'd be coming and that they had just walked in the door from getting candy from the store.  It was a great night!  



No comments:

Post a Comment