Today we received a confirmation email from Holt that our USCIS approval has been uploaded into the US Embassy in Ethiopia.. this means we're one step closer. It's really just a matter of days before we travel.
It's actually a little hard to write this post because I have friends in the adoption world that are waiting for their phone call or email. So, although I'm excited for our progress, I'm sad for the families that may be moving at a different pace.
I know I've brought this up before.. but I just have to think about where we've been and what we've gone through. Almost 5 years ago we decided to try and start a family. So, if a 2-3 months wait sounds like torture before we go to pick up our son.. that sounds like a breeze to me. That 2-3 months will go by in a flash. Before long I'll be posting pictures of Jo and telling you all kinds of wonderful stories about becoming a new parent and what it's like to have him home.
I am rejoicing in this process and enjoying every exciting moment of it. My sister-in-law started up a company and recently sold it called Razzle Baby.. She made/makes the most wonderful baby blankets, bibs, and burp clothes.. I wish you could feel all of it.. because it's wonderful. I've been dragging around this gift bag of goodies the last week to show everyone cause it's so darn awesome. Here's some pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CUTE stuff!!!!
ReplyDelete