We went home last weekend.. it was so much fun. We went to the first annual Mackin Event, the June Dairy Parade. I always love to see people I've known all my life, it really pulls at my heart strings.. and I wonder.. why do we live in the city? You can take the girl out of the country.. but not the country out of the girl!
I loved that most people already knew about Jo and wondered when he was coming home? It felt so awesome that people were already welcoming him to the community and were anxious to meet him. I thought of a great analogy to explain why we can't just hop on a plane and go pick him up.
So, say we purchase a piece of property and we're going to build a house on it. Well, you can't just start pouring foundation the next day, you have to wait for all the proper permits to go through before you can start to build.
So.. here we are.. waiting for all of Jo's paperwork/permits to finalize.. and then FINALLY we can go get him. Not to mention the other families that are ahead of us and want to go get there munchkins too.
In the mean time.. I'm preparing for travel. I've purchased the electric wall adapter, making copies of paperwork and forms, did a little clothes shopping, making lists of email addresses for our airport arrival, and stocking up on grocery's. Time is still busy with mindless chores.
I'm visualizing that travel email coming any day! Wouldn't it be awesome to take him home to the county fair in August; so everyone can meet him! Plus, he really needs to see the Pig-N-Ford races himself, because quite frankly it's too hard to explain.
I've attached a picture of my Uncle Don, and Cousin Ken.. yes.. I'm proud to say I do have relatives that participate in this major home town event. If you don't know what the Pig-N-Ford races are.. come down to Tillamook the second weekend in August and check it out.. it's definitely a site to see and well worth the trip! My cousin, the 3rd generation participate will probably take the medal this year! GO BEN!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment