We said our goodbyes to the the care center today. They have a traditional coffee ceremony.
This includes strong coffee, roasting the coffee beans, popcorn, cookies, and cake. The kids all sing songs and Sister Martha the head nanny gives a speach telling us how much she appreciates and trusts the children in our hands. It's hard for these nanny's to say goodbye to these children they have cared for, for months. Sister Martha is the head nanny; she is a warm and beautiful person.
I got a hold of Sirak and he's going to come early. Chris and I decided to pass on the shopping trip this afternoon with the group and lay low.
Sirak was scheduled to come at 6, but I was able to talk with him and let him know that we'd be here and he can come any time. I can't wait to see him and fill him in on our trip.. I feel like I have so much to tell him. He kept trying to tell me that we just have to see for ourselves to understand Ethiopia.. it's really true. I know I've tried to explain everything.. but unless you're here it's hard to understand.
It's going to be sad to say goodbye to all the great new friends we have tomorrow.. I'm not looking forward to that.. but I am looking forward to seeing all you at the airport, having American food, sleeping in our own bed, and many other things I miss about home.
Baby Jo is doing great.. I love his little rolls. I know many of you may be worried about the flights tomorrow night.. but I'm just glad that I'll get to hold him that long. I feel prepared for the journey.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment