Sunday, September 12, 2010

Made It!


I just ordered breakfast for us.. first I ordered toast jam with fruit and an omelet for Chris.. they tell me.. no fruit.. so then I order french toast for myself.. wait.. no french toast.. so then I go to oatmeal which they call porridge aka oatmeal and go back to toast and jam.. no fruit.. lol.
I woke up this am.. looked out the window and the first thing I saw was a donkey cross the street.. This is the first of many to come.
Flights all went good.. wasn't actually that bad.. slept on the 8 hr flight to Nairobi; thank you little pills. They made us check one of our carry on bags in Amsterdam.. of course it didn't show up.. this had Jo's dad's gift in it and  our malaria medication.

Once we got to Ethiopia.. it was a complete cluster.. were not in Kansas anymore. Mary (from work said) be sure to take in the smells.. first thing I smelled was some serious bo... then we had to get a travel visa.. I swear I smelled puke! EIK. Had to wait in line forever for immigration.. we were in the wrong line for a bit.. then had to exchange $.. people kept cutting in line.
Had the bag fiasco..we'd been at the airport an hour or so by now.. Holt didn't show up to pick us up.. it was 2am here... Got a taxi.. it was a 78' small car.. it was raining and the wipers didn't work that well.. no traffic on the road.. he got lost.. couldn't find the hotel.. I thought for sure we were getting shanked.. I was seriously freaking.. good thing Chris was calm..  At one point he stopped in the middle of the road to figure out where he was, and a car stopped next to us and 3 guys jumped out.   They didn't bother with our car, just took off in another direction.. but is was very scary!

Got to the hotel.. would have done anything for a cold one.. even a zima at this point.. settled on a box of cheese it's and water.. slept about 5 hours..

I see Karen from facebook.. she lives in Idaho, nice to see a familiar face. 

Chris said.. you know what we need next time we come back. I looked at him like he was crazy.. he said.. more cheese its..
Breakfast is ready.. and getting cold.

We meet Jo tomorrow am at this time!

All is well.. oh well to the bag..

No comments:

Post a Comment