I used to think the sweetest sound was hearing the UofO band came to our tailgate. But, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that hearing my sweet boys little giggle makes my heart warm with delight. I wish I could package the way it makes me feel and sell it.. it's sure to be some sort of drug! His dimples, his sounds; make my heart rocket to the moon and back.
I realized today that I've exchanged my fashionable large hand bag for a diaper bag with only my wallet in it. No chap stick, no adult medication, no tweezers.. extra diapers, wipes, and other essential baby items are all that apply.
Chris and I listen to music in the evening.. always have.. it's our time to recap our day and spend time together. Porter- I realized tonight that there will probably be a lot of music we listen to that you don't like. However.. no matter where you are or what you're doing a universal song that you must love and play at party's (not at our house) is Elton John's Blue Jean Baby. There are many versions, artists twists.. but this is a song that I hope you will love and will make you feel good when you listen to it. We love it.. and we hope you do too. I'm sure you'll hear us sing this song a lot growing up.
Today, we were at the doctors office and you discovered your belly button for the first time. You were curious and smitten with this part of your anatomy. Oh how I wished I had our video camera to capture the moment. It was a small moment in time that I will hold in my memory forever and remember in the years to come.
I didn't realize I was a bull rider/wrestler until tonight. Do you know how many buttons and contraptions there are on a high chair? Seriously, people.. you have NO idea!!! When you are sleep deprived.. jet lagged, puked on, crapped on.. trying to collapse a high chair and put it away seems absolutely impossible. Well.. tonight I concurred it.. when I finally figured out all the buttons and switches.. I was like.. OMG.. it's like that movie 8 seconds.. I rode the bull for the qualifying time. There was no standing ovation.. no cheers, hoots, or hollers.. but I did it. Does this mean I graduated to parenthood?
One of my visions and dreams of being a parent was to dance with my child.. and tonight.. I DID! It was to LeAnne Womack's- I hope you dance.. here are some of the lyrics.. it's one of my favorites.
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth making
Don't let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment